Children's teeth are just as important as adult teeth and also need special care.
Some tips to prevent dental decay and sore gums in children are:
- Avoid putting your child to bed with a bottle.
- Encourage them to drink fluoridated tap water rather than bottled water
- Avoid eating sticky, sugary foods between meals
- Brush kids teeth twice a day. Initially with water and a soft brush, later a small amount of children's fluoridated toothpaste. Floss from around 3 to 4 years of age.
- Give your children fresh healthy food that encourages them to chew.
- Visit the dentist regularly. Not only can we treat problems earlier, it makes them comfortable and familiar with the environment.